- CAP 1Day Chicago
April 14, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a CQB force-on-force (FoF) and decision making course. UTM will be utilized for the entire course. The class will be indoors and will utilize role players and props to create realistic, daily-life scenarios. The focus is on civilian CCW and LE patrol pistol use.
CQB, in the context of this class, is defined as “fighting in close proximity to opponents in areas that limit maneuverability and create difficulties such as blindspots, concealment and angles of exposure”. While many have come to equate the term with room and structure clearing, all of the same problems can exist in regular open indoor or outdoor spaces such as gas stations, large stores, alley ways, parking lots, etc. Likewise, all of the principles apply, as well.
If you have taken the ACA indoor 1 Day class, this will serve as an excellent “Day 2” continuation of that course. If this is your first course, it will also be beneficial for you as an “eye opener” type of experience. You will be given a firearm that fires simulated ammunition and you will be faced with realistic situations in which deadly force may be necessary. Here, you can find out what really works, if your current plans are good or bad, and learn some new ways to deal with problems such as these. Come get tested, find out what works, and what does not.
We will cover:
- Hands-on contact management, including some light sparring with protective gear
- Accessing a gun in a close fight with techniques to achieve the draw, from surreptitiously using concealment or deception all the way to fighting to the pistol
- Developing procedures to deal with commonly encountered problems
- Scaling force in response to different levels of threat
- Force-on-force drills will be repeatedly ran using UTM pistols, non-compliant attackers and multiple bystanders and role players
- Open Enrollment for Active duty or current concealed carry license
- NO WEAPONS PERMITTED IN THE GYM. Leave your knives, saps and guns in your vehicles for class please. Parking is available in front of the gym. No clothing or tactical gear that you do not carry in daily life (TQ is encouraged)
- Hydration and Snacks
- PERSONAL NECK PROTECTION IS MANDATORY -Scarves or neck protector, no neck skin exposed. Gloves and a balaclava worn under the headgear are also optimal. Headgear will be provided.
- Small notebook and pen for note taking
- This is an indoor gym class. UTM pistols and protective headgear will be provided. You are responsible for the purchase of your UTM rounds, so budget for at least 25 rounds @ up to 0.70 per round. Keep in mind, if you shoot more you should be prepared to budget for that.
Venue: Summit Martial Arts Chicago
Summit martial arts
811 Devon Ave
Park Ridge IL, 60068