- CAP FoF Miami
February 23, 2019 - February 24, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a CQB force-on-force (FoF) and decision making course. UTM will be utilized for the FoF portion. The class will be outdoors and will utilize both the live-fire range and a UTM area with obstacles and props to create realistic, daily-life scenarios. The focus is on civilian CCW and LE patrol pistol use.
CQB, in the context of this class, is defined as “fighting in close proximity to opponents in areas that limit maneuverability and create difficulties such as blindspots, concealment and angles of exposure”. While many have come to equate the term with room and structure clearing, all of the same problems can exist in regular open or outdoor spaces such as gas stations, large stores, alley ways, parking lots, etc. Likewise, all of the principles apply, as well. This will be an introduction to a procedural level course.
We will cover:
- Fundamental markmanship for CQB
- Drills for pistol skills accountability
- Recognizing and maneuvering shapes when dealing with obstacles, openings and thresholds
- Accessing a gun in a close fight with techniques to achieve the draw, from surreptitiously using concealment or deception all the way to fighting to the pistol
- Developing procedures to deal with commonly encountered problems
- Scaling force in response to different levels of threat
- Force-on-force drills will be repeatedly ran using UTM pistols, non-compliant attackers and multiple bystanders and role players
- Open Enrollment for Active duty or current concealed carry license
- 200 rounds of pistol ammo
- Suitable duty grade pistol, belt and concealment holster (dress for daily life)
- Spare mags (carried in whatever manner you carry while concealed)
- No tactical gear that you do not carry in daily life (TQ is encouraged)
- Hydration and Snacks (THERE IS NO OFFSITE LUNCH AVAILABLE, YOU MUST BRING FOOD)
- PERSONAL NECK PROTECTION IS MANDATORY (Scarves or neck protector, no neck skin exposed) gloves and a balaclava worn under the headgear are also optimal
- Electronic Ear Pro and ballistic eye pro
- Small notebook and pen for note taking
- This is a PISTOL only class, for the force-on-force portion, UTM pistols and protective headgear will be provided. You are responsible for the purchase of your UTM rounds, so budget for at least 125 rounds @ up to 0.70 per round. Keep in mind, if you shoot more you should be prepared to budget for that.